Saturday, September 6, 2008

New Art Project


Hello! Is anyone out there? I know it will take a while to get some readers back to my blog, but I will blog away anyway. I have a project that I am working on that I very excited about. Here in Texas we have a town named Salado. It is a real arts and crafts town. I love to go there and just look in all the shops. This is also the home of the famous artist Thomas Kinkade. Well anyway, I have friends Kate and Pat who live there, and I found out that Sandy at Stamp Salado was hosting a silent auction, and all of the proceeds are going to the Breast Cancer Foundation. The participants are required to "dress" a dress form that is carried by Stampington and Company, and that the "clothing" must contain at least part paper. I am all for supporting this foundation that is working to find a cure for breat cancer, and then that could lead to a cure for all forms of cancer. As you frequent readers know, my husband and my brother both passed away from cancer. I feel that this is a worthwhile project for me, and has helped me to become excited about art again. I am taking photos of my work, step by step, in case you would like to make one for yourself. Here is the dress form as it came from Stampington:

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hi Mary!!! Welcome back! I have been checking in, wondering if you would get back to blogging. I am glad you did. It will be good for you. I, for one, have missed you and your lovely art!