Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Dress Form for Breast Cancer




Hello Friends and Family
I am so happy to show you my finished dress. My dress is made from paper napkins, green tissue paper, and green tulle, beads, ribbons. I had an awesome time planning this dress and then actually doing it! This dress is for a charity auction for the Susan G. Komen Foundation. All of the proceeds from this auction will be spent to find a cure for breast cancer. The auction is being generously hosted by http://www.stampsaladotexas.com/. This is a really artsy town about 150 miles from me. You do not have to be at the store to bid on this dress. Just go to the site, and scroll down to the bottom, and there is a link to all of the dresses. Also you will see three ways to place a bid on a dress. My dress has been mailed, but it is not there yet. I can't wait to see it with all of the other beautiful dress forms. If there is any way that you can support this worthy cause, please visit Stamp Salado and make a bid. Thank you so much!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary Lynn your dress is lovely - I am amazed at this creation and feel that it will be well received by the bidders!

Kate said...

Your work is stunning Mary Lynn, I love it!

Linda Manning Findley said...

Very nice job Mary Lynn ... love the beaded fringe ..... Linda F

Brenda said...

Oh Mary Lynn, it is AWESOME! Makes me think of something Scarlett would wear! Just beautiful!

Veronica said...

wow this is awesome. How would one bid on this? I love it

bloubell said...

Hi Mary Lynn
Haven't heard from you for a while. Sorry to hear about your surgery , hope it goes well for you. I love your dress, it is so pretty and floaty looking. I'm sure you got many bids. Come join me at Paper Imagery Designs yahoo group. Lots of challenges and fun people. Betty
http//bloubell-alteredexpressions.blogspot.com/