Thursday, September 18, 2008

Make It Mondays Challenge


Hello friends, family and fellow bloggers. Here is my piece for Lisa Vollrath's Make it Mondays challenge. This piece is very shimmery and glittery, but you really can't tell it from the scan. I love birds, trees, water, but I really don't get out much anymore, but boy what a camper I used to be! Yes, I know it is Thursday, but oh what a week! I had to get my dress form dress finished and in the mail, and then I worked on this piece. It is called Friends Forever, and I really like this piece, but I am thinking of a way to give it away. Let me think, and I will come up with something. I am also working on some challenges and inspiration art for a couple of my Yahoo groups. I am also getting ready to have some fun with my fall and Halloween art, (I call it Fright Night because I just like the word Halloween). I want to make some slide jewelry to give to some friends too.
I have been busy with doctor appointments and testing this week too as I prepare for my back surgery next week. I will be putting up some more new art before then though. I am really back in the spirit of creating now that my nightmarish fog is starting to lift (over the death of my dear sweet brother). He loved to do art, and I am trying to do art for him now too, and he loved life, and he was such a hoot, that I know he wouldn't want me to give up living, or art so I am really trying to get back to myself. It has been almost a year since we found out that Charles had cancer, and my life changed so much through the last year, some for the good, and some not.
I want to say a big ol' Texas thank you for all of the nice comments on my dress form dress. The dress is paper napkins, not fabric! I love doing it and the cause: cure for breast cancer auction. Please go make a bid on some of the lovely dresses at the link I posted yesterday, or maybe the day before: http:/stampsaladotexas.com. Well, I am wiped from appointments so I am going to lie down and read for awhile. The old back just want let me set here any longer. TTYS, and hugs to you all, and God bless.

3 comments:

Mom IsAmagpie said...

I love you piece it's absolutely divine, and you said glitter...
I LOVE glitter!
That dress form is absolutely fabulous! I want to say thank you for doing that for a breast cancer research auction. I lost my mother to that disease when she was too young, only 43. I know we all know someone affected but it makes me feel warm and fuzzy to see what people are capable of. Thanks for that feeling.
When's your surgery?

John Dyhouse said...

Love the challenge piece, so full of action and content, John

Janny said...

It's really gorgeous!