Monday, March 16, 2009

I have spring fever!


Hello Friends and Family. I am just about having to force myself to sit here today. I was so pretty outside that I really wanted to play outside somewhere. Of course we just had freezing weather here last week. You know what they say about Texas, if you don't like the weather, just wait a minute and it will change! I have been doing some work in a RR book and I will post those photos tomorrow. They are actually scans, and they didn't come out very well. I should have done photos, but I was in a hurry to get this off to its owner.
I know you are wondering why I have this Valentine related art on my blog. Well, actually this was mail art for my friend Lisa, and she just isn't into Valentines....I know I go overboard....but I made this for her, and then someone packed it and it didn't get mailed to her on time, but I have given it to her now, so here it is! I hope you like this quirky side of me. I am thinking of an AB for myself called "The Anatomy of Love" with all these body parts and pieces in it! What do you think? Should I go for it?
Yesterday I spent the day with Sis (that's Jeannie for you who don't know my sister), and we had a great time together. I love to laugh and talk and share my time with my family, and my sister is very dear to me. We got on the computer, and I helped her to set up her new blog here on blogspot. Her blog is Jeannie's Expressions. She doesn't do any of the art that I do, but she loves what I do. She is into fabric....big time! She sews home decor items that are to die for, and quilts, oh my goodness. She can make anything out of a piece of cloth, and it looks like a million dollars. She had her own sewing business "Jeannie Marie's", and was the seamstress for a famous designer for years, and her work is flawless! If you get a chance go by her blog and say hello some times. You know how it is when you first open a blog, and no one knows you are there. What am I talking about! I still feel that way. I just talk (write) to hear myself doing it! I hope you had a good Monday, and a whole week of great days. Happy Spring Break to all of you that are off the next couple of weeks. Being a retired art teacher, I know how much you need some time off!

1 comment:

TinaWess said...

Hi there! I love your work and wanted to invite you to participate in my art inspiration blog at www.inspirationflirtation.blogspot.com
Hope to your your work!
~Christina