Saturday, February 21, 2009

At the Auction Tonight

Hello Friends and Family. In a small town close to where I live there is a little country auction on Friday and Saturday nights. I went tonight, first time in over a year, and I really had fun. I bought some little cabinets for the bathrooms in my new place, so old threads and spools, a little bottle, and a rug. I will get some photos and upload them so you can see my finds. I have found lots of really good deals at this auction, especially before summer gets here when more people come out. If you have an auction house near you then check it out. You will be surprised what you can get for a great price.
I am wanting to do my new place with more shabby chic stuff and less traditional, and I am going to make some canvases for the walls, and some new art pillows too. You will get to see all this and more, and I will even tell you how I make them. I will move next Friday, the 27th, and then I have to get set up, but then I will get to work decorating my new place. Photos of that will be here too. I haven't even been inside of it yet so I am so excited! If you don't remember, I am a retired art teacher, a widow, and I am moving to a retirement community.
I will try to add the auction photos tomorrow, but I am going to go see my Sis and take her to lunch at La Madeline's and maybe do a little shopping. TTYL

1 comment:

Mom IsAmagpie said...

The auction sounds like a lot of fun! I can't wait to see what you come up with for the new place, I bet it will be incredible.
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.