Saturday, March 15, 2008

More new art


I have been working on a piece for an Easter Bonnet lottery. This is my piece above. The pink cross is on top of the lid of a tin giftcard can, and the bunny is on the inside of the lid, The woman in the big Easter Bonnet is in the bottom of the tin. I had so much fun doing this tin. I painted it with gesso, and sanded it some, and finished it up with some ink pads. I printed the woman on a piece of cotton and then I started on her really large hat. Gathered ribbons, old velvet flowers that I made from some scraps, and the premade roses. I added the trim, and the gold piece and it was done! I really love the look and feel of this project, and I hope you will too!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the roses on the woman's hair. Nice work!

Christina said...

This is beautiful! I am lucky enough to have some of those tins laying around. I'll have to get to work! Great job!