Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Canvas for Round Robin


Hello Friends and Family. Here are my beginnings for a canvas RR. My theme is shabby chic. I started with some pale colors of pink, green, and blue, and I just played with them and ended up with the suggestion of flowers. Next I added an image of a rose and then I over-painted it with acrylics, and I added the pink ticket and the three little girls. I don't know what that has to do with my theme, but I like it, as a matter of fact I felt like I could complete the whole thing, but I wouldn't have anything to send to the RR!
I have said in the past that I am decorating my new place with a shabby chic feel, but I keep straying to a more traditional feel. I have some new/used tables for the living room that I just love. They have beautiful pink marble tops, but the bases are dark and ornate. I go back and forth on whether to paint the bases or not, and I have finally decided that I will. I will probably paint them white with a little distressing done with some stain maybe. I will take some photos and upload them, and you can help me to decide. I also have to decide about the dining room area. I have a nice old pine open shelf hutch that I am deciding to paint or not. The table and chairs I have now are pretty country and I don't know if I like them right next to the living room tables. I have a really small space there, but that's how it is in these retirement places. I will show you my whole place eventually, and I hope that you can ofter some advice to me on the decorating.
Well, time to make dinner, and switch the laundry so goodbye for now, and I just thank you so much for listening to me just going on and on about....whatever!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Like the canvas. Wish I were taking part. Have fun!

Jan Hennings said...

Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for hopping over and visiting my blog :)