Saturday, March 6, 2010

New Art






Hello Friends and Family. Well, I finally got around to scanning in some new art for my blog. I hope that you will enjoy it, and please leave me a comment if you will.

The first piece is a double image transfer. I printed the images on matte finish photo paper, and transferred them to an acrylic background using matte gel medium. I came back in with a black pen to add a little interest to the top image of the woman. I especially like the crackle look to the images that I was able to do with the heat gun, due to the fact that the background was acrylic, and when heated it expanded a little and cracked the transfer.

The second and third pieces are beeswax collages. These are fun to do, and not being able to leave well enough alone, I like to add additional color with an inexpensive crayon in one hand and my heat gun in the other. Way fun, and you can get some neat results. I would love to be able to get my pieces more smooth, but when I try with my heat gun it seems that I end up melting away too much of the wax. I think next time I am going to use a low temp small sewing aid iron, dry heat of course. If you have a suggestion on how to get that really smooth look with well attached elements, please let me know.

Well, spring is in the air, almost, and I am going to try to redo my blog again, and this time try to get back to the three columns that I had before things went haywire. I am just worried about saving my elements, and especially my archive. I will do some researching first before I try it. I am planning on adding some more new art very soon, and some pieces will be for sell so please drop by when you are in the neighborhood! Haha! I hope to do some spring inspired things, and some more painting.

6 comments:

Lilymelba said...

Hello Mary Lyne..just a quick hello to say that I.."love your blog" "love you artwork" and when I return home in a few hours..I`m going to spend some yummy time hear.Donna

studio pashnada said...

lovely
good to see you back

FILIGREE MOON said...

Hello Mary Jane! So nice to "meet" you! Your collage work here is beautiful! I have used a crafter's mini iron to smooth out beeswax before. Looking forward to seeing what you are up to next! ~ Angela

Anonymous said...

Love your art work So romantic! I can't even decide which one I like the most!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

It's awesome, Mary ! really beautiful, I love it much !